The long-running champion of the gridiron is running on overdrive -- the 13th year of the sequel brings more features to the table than John Madden's Cruiser Tour Bus has legroom. With online head-to-head play and stat updates, a grueling Mini-Camp challenge, snappier commentary in the booth, and proven gameplay taken to yet another echelon, Madden NFL 2003 is out to dominate any football gamer's life for a long time to come.
• Online Gaming: Features an online lobby area where gamers can meet, greet, chat and play Madden head to head, as well as download current player rosters throughout the real NFL season (roster update includes trades, position changes, and injuries).
• Mini-Camp: Features John Madden’s Cruiser Tour Bus traveling to all NFL cities to complete skilled tasks. Take control of players in practice gear and become an expert in all player positions in your ultimate goal to earn unique Madden cards.
• Audio Dream Team: The Monday Night Football team of John Madden and Al Michaels handles commentary, with dynamic play-by-play and more analysis than ever before. Melissa Stark will be reporting from the sidelines now. New audio engine delivers appropriate commentary based on current game situation and player/team statistics. Greater use of on-field player sounds, including player banter, offensive and defensive audible calls, crushing hits and improved crowd reaction sounds.
• Improved Graphics and Presentation: New signature player animations like sidearm QBs, gang-tackling, stand-still receiver catches; new cut scenes with high-poly cheerleaders and additional emotion-based bench scenes; more than 300 realistic player faces; cinematic approach to camera positions gives new, more natural feel. Completely redone stadiums and fields provide an exceptionally realistic playing environment.
• New Game play Mechanics: Faster game speed; players follow through, making hits on people without the ball; tighter control with quicker animations and reduced player momentum; more finely tuned passing game; independent audibles for defensive line, linebackers, and defensive backs. Enhanced ground game with all new spin moves, stiff arm moves, and inside running; all new receiver moves and routes; improved screen plays and quicker play action; more intelligent pass coverage.
• Create-A-Playbook: Customize receiver routes, player formations, and your team’s entire playbook. Create virtually any play imaginable and play it on the field immediately.
• Ask Madden: Legendary coach John Madden provides strategy and advice during both offensive and defensive play calling.
• EA SPORTS™ Rewards: NCAA® Football 2003 and NASCAR Thunder™ 2003 consumers will be able to unlock special Madden Cards within Madden NFL 2003.
This product is included in the following collections: